SafeDose Web Product Features
SafeDose simplifies and safeguards the entire process of acute drug preparation, administration and ordering. It improves speed, reduces medical errors and fulfills a need for standardized dosing.
SafeDose Web Features include:
Drug and Indication Database
- Comprehensive database of over 1000 drugs and indications. Covers all categories of acute and ambulatory care.
- Text search
- Alphabetical generic and trade name search
- NDC search: lookup drug by the standard U.S. National Drug Code (NDC)
Bar Code Scanning
- Scan the drug label to instantly access critical drug administration directly from the vial.
- Works with any standard barcode reader.
Dosing and Dose-Check in Seconds
- Quick lookup via weight zones and Broselow Color
- Optimized for high speed and error prevention
- Focus on pertinent, just-in-time information
- Visual cues and Broselow Color coding prevent medical errors
- Dose, preparation and administration information
Logging and Recordkeeping
- Log every drug administration, caretaker action and patient status. Simple visual approach is much simpler than by paper or competing approachs.
- Send log to base or hospital for transitional caretaking or for record-keeping.
Links to free online drug databases and, optionally, Lexi-Comp Pediatric Online and Clinical Pharmacy online
- Obtain more-detailed drug information, including drug interactions and references
Physician Orders and Prescriptions
With simple mouse-clicks (minimal typing):
- create and send medication orders to pharmacy.
- order x-rays, labs and other procedures and send to appropriate department.
- Simple mixing instructions
- Standardized concentrations
- Printable labels for medication application
- Demonstrates dosing ranges
- Safety check infusion pumps
- Calculates % of body burned using an intuitive, interactive tool
- Automatically determines doses and burn fluid administration information
- Adjusts for time post burn
- Facilitates communication with burn center
- Printable summary for documentation and transfer
- Treatment algorithms for Resuscitation, Fluid and Blood Therapy, and Shock
- Standardized dosing eliminates calculations and memorization
Chemical Weapons Treatment
- Pre-calculated antidotes
- Applies standardized approach to rare emergencies
Equipment Charts, Ventilator Settings and More
- Browser-based and requires no plug-ins or specialized software. It works on modern browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari at or above versions 6.0, 3.5, and 4.0, respectively.
Additional materials include:
- Local, PC-based version
- iPad version
- Auxiliary mobile products on iPhone, iTouch, Android, and BlackBerry
Designated SafeDose administrators at your facility can:
- specify custom drug doses, preparation and administration information
- show only the drugs and drug concentrations used by the facility
- add facility-wide note on drugs, procedures and elsewhere in SafeDose. For example, these might include links to hospital-specific protocols and temporary postings regarding alternatives when the selected drug is not available due to a shortage.
Get More Information
Contact us to find out how to put SafeDose to work for your hospital